After 30 years of marketing & distributing children’s products in the UK & Ireland, we now also design, develop & manufacture our own quality brands.
Who are we?
Pat Avenue design, manufacture and distribute children’s toys.
We are a global business with offices in the UK, Madrid, Miami and Hong Kong, and have a strong business model in Latin America, supporting licenses such as Hasbro, Mattel and Disney, with additional business in Spain and Europe.
Our focus is to develop and distribute strong brands, with innovative designs and an attractive value proposition for the retailers and consumers, whilst providing children around the world with the joy of play.
- Battle Heads is an unmissable collectible! The aim of the game is to escape the danger zone and protect the city with the help of 5 brave teams: Power Heroes, Sniper Bots, Aliens Attack, Creepy Monsters and Smasher Beasts. With 90 battle heads to collect, including special metamorphosis pieces, the fun never ends!
- Mascutties is a play value plush range with fun engaging features. Playtimes just got even more fun; each Mascutties has its own unique style and features that children are going to love exploring
- Ecoplush is saving the ocean one bottle at a time. This brand is a sustainable plush line made using 100% recycled high quality fabrics and the softest stuffing composed of bottles removed from the ocean.
- Luna Babies is a nurturing brand about 4 dolls that come from the moon to take care of children's dreams while they are sleeping. As babies, they have their own needs such as needing their nappy changed, eating, sleeping, and playing.
- Keyriders allow little ones to explore the world on wheels! Our range of scooters and helmets are feature packed for everyday adventures. Children will immerse themselves into a fantasy world thanks to our creative designs, whilst learning balance and coordination.
- Hama is the original bead brand for arts & craft play. It stimulates creativity using beads, patterns and pegboards. Not only does bead play train motor and logical skills, it also allows creativity to soar. Our products are a creative challenge for children as young as three years of age, one that many continue to enjoy for years to come; a colourful, fun and relaxing activity that allows them to develop.
The company was initially known as DKL Marketing, founded in March 1989 by Kai & Dorte Hawaleschka. Kai’s background in toys began with his father who set up his first toy factory in Sweden shortly after the second world war and then went on to own a factory in Denmark, (HP Plast A/S), known as Dantoy, which was eventually handed down to Kai. The Hawaleschka family moved to the UK in 1987, and shortly after sold the company in Denmark. It was natural to Kai that once settled, he would start up a family toy business from a UK base, hence why DKL (Dorte, Kai, and Lise (Daughter)) was started.
The ethos behind DKL had always been to “make children happy” and this was achieved through choosing brands presenting fun toys with educational benefits.
In 2019 Kai & Dorte made the decision to retire and move back to Denmark, resulting in the sale of the company. DKL Marketing was acquired by international toy supplier Pat Avenue, who traded under the name Beysal (meaning beyond sales) forming DKL-Beysal Ltd. The acquisition saw the new company continue to support and develop the ranges that DKL firmly established in the UK market while also introducing a selection of products developed by Beysal into the portfolio.
We are now known as Pat Avenue (UK) Ltd., this is a move we made to re-align the business to that of our parent company Pat Avenue (HK), who are a global business with offices in Hong Kong, Madrid and Miami. Pat Avenue also have a very strong business model in Latin America, supporting licenses such as Hasbro, Mattel and Disney, with additional business in Spain and Europe.
The UK base is headed up by Managing Director, Terry Crew who has been in the toy trade for over 35 years and brings a wealth of experience gained across senior roles most recently at IMC Toys.
From day one the objective has always been to make children happy, and we continue with that ethos today. That’s why we focus on designing, manufacturing, and distributing strong brands with innovative designs and an attractive value proposition for the retailers and consumers whilst providing children around the world with the joy of play.
We are focusing on growing our presence in the market with our own brand products that compliment those that we distribute.
We will invest in people and product to deliver the very best toys that will encourage creative and imaginative play worldwide.
We are proud supporters of the Toy Trust, founded by the British Toy & Hobby Association. The money raised predominantly from the toy industry, is distributed to charities helping disadvantages and disabled children in the UK and abroad. With the help of the many supporters of the trust from across the entire industry, over £4 million has been raised since its inception.
We distribute our quality brands to leading toy, gift, craft, nursery, equestrian shops, including major department stores and online retailers. We support all our ranges with a full marketing campaign, including everything from bespoke planograms to extensive social media and PR activity.
- British Toy and Hobby Association. (BTHA)
Request Trade Account
If you are new to Pat Avenue, you can request to open a trade account or find out more via our contact us page.
- London Toy Fair
- New York Toy Fair
- Spielwarenmesse International Toy Fair - Nurnberg
- AIS Show
- Toymaster Show